View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 02:44 PM
CupofOil
Visually, we suck.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
Yes development of him is important, which is why you don't needlessly kill an entire season for him. Nuge playing in games is more important for him, and the rest of the team, than is improving his bench press in the offseason.
I understand that surgery is a last resort and it's important to play him but this is not some injury that just propped up out of nowhere. Forget the rumors that he has been playing with this injury since junior. He clearly injured (re-aggravated) the shoulder against Chicago last season, that already pretty much cost him the rest of that season (was never the same when he came back). He then re-aggravated it AGAIN around WJC time and had bouts with discomfort all throughout the season. How could they not recognize this as a problem? A lot us armchair GMs were calling for him to get the surgery back in January, how could we know this and not them?

For an already physically underdevloped player, this should have been nipped in the bud immediately after the WJC when he re-aggravated it for the upteenth time. I'm sure the option of surgery was staring them right in the face at that point but no, they wanted all decks on hand to attempt to make a playoff run with a flawed roster, i guess that was more important than getting him fixed.
Hall got his surgery a little later than Nuge and only started to skate with full contact in December i believe? So where does that leave RNH? It's likely going to derail a good chunk of next season as well plus as i said before, set back his upper body training as well.

Of course, this is all speculation but it reeks of faulty management yet again, it reeks real bad. There is a track record to back this up.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote