here are the bright spots to this year
View Single Post
04-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Join Date: Aug 2005
Originally Posted by
Honestly had Eberle and RNH performed better offensively, we could've snuck into the playoffs this season.
- Trade for/draft a defensively responsible, faceoff capable, preferably big/physical second line center (Berglund etc, Barkov/Monahan could become this)
- Sign a big second line winger (Horton etc, Paajarvi may develop into this)
- Sign some bottom 6 role players with some offensive upside (Bickell, Torres etc, can't be too hard)
- Trade for a top pairing PMD (Yandle etc, we should include Gagner in a package for this once we have the second line center)
- Bring in someone to mentor guys like Schultz/Klefbom (Scuderi etc)
* DO NOT trade Hall, RNH, or Yakupov under any circumstance, don't trade Eberle unless we're including him in a deal for a stud like OEL/Pietrangelo.
* Get rid of the dead weight. Addition by subtraction is without a doubt the most important way to improve this team: Hemsky, Smyth, Belanger, Whitney, and Potter all must go. I wouldn't mind losing Petrell, Smithson, Jones, Fistric, N Schultz, and Horcoff (we can keep him as a role player if we have the cap space and use the compliance buyout next offseason) either.
Hemsky, Eberle, and RNH all played through a lot of this abbreviated season with injuries.
The Oilers need to add 3-4 very physical forwards to match against other team's physical players and to lessen the injuries on our skilled forwards.
View Public Profile
Hockey Buddha's albums
Find More Posts by Hockey Buddha