View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Clown Baby*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I don't think we're disagreeing here. I said several years--you said 2-3 years. The point is, I don't think we should expect him in the line-up next season.

Better projection doesn't necessarily mean NHL ready--and Sbisa wasn't being groomed into a possible #1D.

If we draft Nurse, I certainly hope he's back in the OHL, playing a #1D role there--top PP minutes, etc. That would be much better for his development then playing 15 minutes a night in the NHL, particularly because it is the offensive part of his game that might well need the most work.

I'd be fine with them possibly working him into the line-up in 2014-2015--but he might also benefit from some time in the AHL.
With wonder-coach Stevens steering the Titanic, Sbisa wasn't being groomed to be our next no. 1 defenseman. He was being treated like a third-line left-winger. It's a ****ing miracle he's in the NHL at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniped View Post
Always appreciate your insight!

People should give Carchidi some respect, I enjoy reading his blogs and articles along with Metzler.

Metzler was and still is the only writer in Philadelphia worth a pound of salt. The rest... they defy physics in that they're the only perpetual machines known to man - trash that produces trash at an exponential rate.