View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Yeah we were talking about this at the world juniors. He hasn't been the same since the injury last season.

They say its unrelated but you have to wonder
Yeah I guess now the cats out of the bag that it went back to juniors (whose the source on that?). It seemed like last year it bothered him and for the most part this season he didn't have much zip on his shot and he was unable to make a lot of his trademarked passes at angles that most players only dream of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Different injury type than Hall. But definitely a possibility that it's been bugging him since junior.

After the aggravation early on this season (?VAN game) he was having some difficulty with basic movements with the arm, but it quickly came back to a point he was able to play.

But his strength doing certain movements/motions was severely compromised, and continues to be at this point as well.

For someone whose game relies on intricate finesse movements, it had a huge effect this season.
It was aggravated before the WJC's or at least it was a concern, that is why he flew to Edm. to check it out. As to the bolded, bingo, anyone that knew this kids game knew that he was hurt out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
Medium sized risk? No such thing as a medium sized risk when talking about the health of your #1C. And an injury that can only get worse unless the inevitable surgery occurs.
Yeah no doubt, I wonder how much of this is the player not wanting to have surgery? The same with Hall and other players in years past?