View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 04:05 PM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
I don't know...he's been one big enigma to me this year. Most of the guys that haven't played up to par consistently have at least shown flashes of productivity this year. He's just been flat out bad. He might get a vote from me for the most consistent poor performer this year. It's too bad because I really like what he brought in 11 and last season.
Ouch really??? Moreso than Horton? There`s games where I have honestly asked myself, "is Horty dressed".

Pevs hasn`t produced well. Beginning of the year, both he and Kelly slow out of the gate being force fed a great AHL winger. Caron gets healthy, Bourque sent down and the few games that line played together I was encouraged by although they were far from lighting it up, then......Pandalfo

Kelly injured, and once again, that line is a mess. Pevs, seemingly more than anyone has played with so many linemates I can`t count em.

Am I happy with the results? Nope, but I love what he does in other area`s, I love that his puck pursuit causes a ton of turnovers, I love his defensive awareness (which far too often gets overlooked by so many). He/Kelly have been exceptionally strong and productive once they became acclimated with the system, and no way you`ll convince me he can`t get back to that Pevs so many here were appreciative of.

I could see him being moved in the offseason, but it won`t be due to Chiarelli 'wanting' to, it could be more due to cap implications, but again, he`s a guy that I`d be so hesitant in moving, not nearly as easy to replace as so many here make him out to be regardless of the lack of production.