View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Ouch really??? Moreso than Horton? There`s games where I have honestly asked myself, "is Horty dressed".

Pevs hasn`t produced well. Beginning of the year, both he and Kelly slow out of the gate being force fed a great AHL winger. Caron gets healthy, Bourque sent down and the few games that line played together I was encouraged by although they were far from lighting it up, then......Pandalfo

Kelly injured, and once again, that line is a mess. Pevs, seemingly more than anyone has played with so many linemates I can`t count em.

Am I happy with the results? Nope, but I love what he does in other area`s, I love that his puck pursuit causes a ton of turnovers, I love his defensive awareness (which far too often gets overlooked by so many). He/Kelly have been exceptionally strong and productive once they became acclimated with the system, and no way you`ll convince me he can`t get back to that Pevs so many here were appreciative of.

I could see him being moved in the offseason, but it won`t be due to Chiarelli 'wanting' to, it could be more due to cap implications, but again, he`s a guy that I`d be so hesitant in moving, not nearly as easy to replace as so many here make him out to be regardless of the lack of production.
Horton has been discussed ad nausem, while Peverley has kind of just floated by. He's worthy of Horton-level criticism, IMO -- the only reason he doesn't get it is because expectations aren't as high for him. The money is close enough to the same to warrant it, and makes Peverley's performance even more disappointing.

He cashed in at a good time and was overpaid then. Being overpaid and underperforming is a bad mix, and that's where Peverley is at right now. Horton is underperforming, but I wouldn't say that he was overpaid to start.