View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 04:53 PM
JohnLennon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You answered your own question with what I highlighted.

One goal scored by the Habs last night regards.......

A question for you. An honest answer would be appreciated.

Would YOU, as a head coach, play your top scoring forward on the third line?
I think you have a good point, Ryder goes well with Plekanec. I just feel like if he is going to pair Bourque with Plekanec as the number one line, then it wouldn't be smart to have Ryder there because that would make two players on the line that are not effective in their own end. The top line needs to be good on both ends of the ice, and I think that is Therrien's logic in this deicision. The second line seems to be set and have chemistry, so Ryder wouldn't make sense there. Playing with two great young players is a decent solution.

Now, if Bourque was not on the top line, then it would be a different story. But I do agree that one of our top scorers would be great on the top line, it's just that Bourque and Gionta with Plekanec have a combination of speed and scoring (Gionta and Bourque), passing and defensive play (Plekanec and Gionta), and rough, physical play (Bourque). It is a nice dynamic, but I wouldn'y argue with shaking it up in order to put our top scorer in Ryder there,but keep in mind, as silly as this sounds, aside from scoring Ryder doesn't bring much else to the game.

JohnLennon is offline   Reply With Quote