View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 05:12 PM
SympathyForTheDevils

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I agree. I am certainly not qualified to make the following statement because I havent seen these prospects as much as others, but after watching Drouin, Im just not sold on that his creativity will be as successful in the NHL. Again, I could be completely wrong, but Im just going by what I have seen. In regards to the Panthers, in their 20 years of existence, they have never had that center that you could consider top line talent. Bjugstad could become that top line center, but with MacKinnon, they are pretty much guaranteed to have one heck of a 1-2 punch down the middle.
Drouin's offense will translate just fine to the NHL. But unfortunately, with his small frame, I doubt Drouin will ever be more than an adequate defensive player. That's part of what makes MacKinnon a more compelling pick. He's bigger and faster, and there's no reason he couldn't be a versatile player who's great in all three zones.

I think both players will do great at the NHL level. But MacKinnon has just plain better physical assets.

SympathyForTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote