I hope Bettman is watching the WJC
View Single Post
12-30-2003, 02:29 PM
Join Date: Nov 2003
where do put the seats you lost to the bigger surface?
Originally Posted by
1. Widen the ice surface. The couple of rows of seats that go are the first rows. It's a relatively small number of seats. Repaint a few seats elsewhere and you'll get back 50% or more of the lost revenue. More fans will be closer to the action. The game will improve (flow, skating) and more people will tune in. There will be more money in the long run, not less.
having worked at an arena its not that easy,and most teams will pass the cost on the consumer,joe fan.the seats aren't easily replaced or moved to higher bowls.
2. Touch up offsides. This is so obvious it hurts.
3. Ditch the instigator rule. Allow the players some room to police themselves. They did it for 8 decades and it seemed to work.
4. Automatic icing call. Drop the puck in 15 seconds.
5. Drop the two line pass rule.
not likely on the seating,its not like adding chairs to the christmas table.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Mr_Hockeytown19