Old
04-21-2013, 06:29 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Yoda View Post
Baldy Northcott was not better than Daniel Sedin for the same reason, Vyacheslav Starshinov hardly better than Vladimir Petrov, and Martin St Louis i dont think can be seen as a better play-off performer than Claude Lemieux.
Daniel Sedin is better than Northcott, offensively at least. Overall, there are arguments for both. Petrov is easily better than Starshinov. The gap between St. Louis and Claude Lemieux is gargantuan. Claude Lemieux doesn't have one season of adjusted points greater than 70. St. Louis has 8, and would be on pace for 9 if this current season was a full season. Adjusted points does punish people from his era a bit, but that difference is still very large. Claude Lemieux is one of the worst top 6 forwards offensively in the draft, breaking the 50 mark of VsX just 5 times(59, 59, 58, 55, 50).

Quote:
Their third line of Jiri Holik, Pete Mahovlich and John McKenzie, against mine with Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau and BÅ Gustafsson sometimes aided by Playoff Claude Lemieux. How are his players better?
In a vacuum, they are better hockey players. Gustafsson was a solid offensive player for a 3rd liner, but he's next to two guys that don't bring much offensively in Carbonneau and Gainey. I'd say your 3rd line will certainly be more effective than his 3rd line in doing their job though, and there's a difference between that and being "better".

BillyShoe1721 is online now   Reply With Quote