Thread: Tinordi Time
View Single Post
04-21-2013, 07:30 PM
vCash: 500
I wanted Tinordi the whole time, but not because I thought he'd be dishing checks like Emelin. He is not a replacement for Emelin. In fact he has mostly different skills which I think COME from him being a rookie and keeping it simple. He made good passes, he helped retrieve the puck and had a pretty decent shot (remember the one tipped by Plek?) that was at the net. He might be able to move bodies, but we don't know for sure since he played when teams weren't at playoff intensity, it was awhile ago. Thing is, Habs wanted to fix the PP so they brought up lazy ass beaulieu (he'll fix that, but it is one of his weak points) and it ate up all the experience and practice time.

Now it's too late. Habs screwed up when they should have been training tinordi for this and didn't. I don't think it's wise to have him step into this situation and even if he played the last 3 games, imagine him playing his next to, hopefully, a wild bell centre. PK is the exception to the rule and even then, we had Hammer to be the stay at home guy, PK was brought in for other talents. He learned to play D later, but was still already good enough to play in the playoffs, albeit from the Pitt series onwards. Not sure we make that 1-3 comeback without Markov vs WSH.

I think LJV is playing well and I've never really felt that way. He's obviously learned from practicing with the team year in and year out. I believe he is still +/- 0, which says a lot given this team's performances.
MB got Drewiskie specifically for this, to be a solid 6th. That's what Tinordi is. NOT a hitter, not an experienced crease clearer yet, just a guy who will play a simple game. Drewiskie hasn't been able to do that consistently, which makes me wonder what Dudley was thinking, but playoffs are full of surprises that make us eat crow. So either LJV or Drew depending on the circumstance I guess. This ONLY cuz they wasted their time to train Tinordi. He can't just step in - he will quickly have a thread dedicated to him, and it won't be flattering, and it won't be his fault.

I don't think it'll hurt his development (why would it if he plays well???) - it'll hurt the Habs.

Please, let's not get carried away with comparisons to Big Bird. Who else played on that team BTW? Same as this team?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote