View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanese View Post
I think the only way this gets done is if the Rangers move the Whale there or the Islanders leave Bridgeport (no difference in safety between the two), or perhaps if the Devils left Albany. An AHL team in the Bronx would be pretty cool, and only 30 blocks from Yankee Stadium, and on the same subway line (B,D).

Add in a Fordham hockey program and additional memberships from area high schools and smaller colleges (Columbia, Lehman, etc) and you can get a solid rental income base established. Adult hockey programs will become popular and provide a lot of revenue too. Chelsea Piers is charging almost $600 per player per 16-game adult hockey season - there is plenty of demand from Westchester and Uptown Manhattan residents for this.

And you can guarantee the NYPD presence in the area will be noticeable and effective once the Armory is not a deserted ruin.

That said, it looks to me that they could to this with five rinks (four on one side plus the "showplace" center court) and four basketball courts and/or indoor soccer fields.

I really hope this would push Fordham into getting a varsity program. I know NYU was considering making the push, but even that I think could only be D3. Is there a minimum for seating for D3 teams? If not they'd probably stay at Chelsea Piers, but if so this would be a great opportunity.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote