View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 07:31 PM
SnowblindNYR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Moore over Bickel is the only clear upgrade. The other one you didn't mention was Zuccarello>Mitchell. The Stepan-Richards thing is a wash.

Nash=Gaborik (at least Gabby from last season)
Brassard=Anisimov
Clowe=Dubinsky
Pyatt=Fedotenko
Asham=Rupp
Dorsett=Prust (hopefully)
Which Stepan-Richards one? The first one I disagree. Richards had a REALLY hot March last year, but Stepan has had a far more consistent season and for longer. Also Richards' hot March was largely due to Gaborik. However, come playoffs Gabby is not that reliable. We don't really know how it is with Nash due to his tiny sample size. Finally, Stepan is a better defensive player.

If you meant the 2nd Stepan-Richards comparison you may be right. Though Richards has played very well lately. Tied for #2 on the team in points for April with Nash.

Nash>Gaborik, IMO. Similar production, but Nash just does a lot more. With similar productions, give me the guy that can pin the other team in their zone even when he doesn't score rather than the guy that guy stands there waiting for a pass. IMO Nash is the much more effective player. Plus Gabby is not a very good playoff performer. I think Nash's game translates better. Though he'd have to cut out trying to toe drag everyone, won't work in the playoffs.

The others you may be right, but that's depth. Depth was a big problem for us this year. If our depth is even, we're good. IMO, our top end is better. Not by too much, but better. Also if Staal comes back our depth on D is better.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote