View Single Post
04-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I taught Yoda
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Well yes
113 games played 17 goals 28 assists for 45 points - 22
The - 22 is really concerning most of all this is the primary reason he did get sent to Milwaukee to work on moving and defense and of course to attempt to effect his mindset. Neither of which stuck.

Bottom line he was drafted from two years of college was and is not ready for the NHL game. There is no recourse now to put him in the AHL at a lower salary to develop. He has one more point than Clune, Butler, Yip two more points than Blum and Beck.

While the front office did not develop him as they should have there is one person responsable and that is Smith. The only area he excells in is the shootout. He is 23 years old and most have over valued him here. He simply is not top 6 material.

I hope they buy him out but I do not expect they will. I expect he wil be here next year have 6 to 9 goals and 20 or so points and go into the last year of his contract playing 5 minutes or less per game.
Writing him off at 23 is a stretch. The Preds couldn't develop him when he played at Wisconsin and his one off season since signing was the lockout. Wow ... the 4th rounder didn't maintain the scoring pace of his first few weeks in the league ... what a shocker.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote