View Single Post
Old
12-30-2003, 03:12 PM
goalchenyuk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by davedave
Waddell has been rumoured to be interested in Audette on and off since last year. Although Habs fans have obvious difficulty imagining him to ever be a top 6 forward again, Waddell is not stupid. He might know something we don't.

Atlanta does not play a "defence-first" game, and they have a very robust group of forwards and defencemen. If Audette is not asked to either play tight defence or physical forecheck, he could maybe be useful to a young team like the Thrashers looking to make the playoffs for the first time.

Atlanta plays a little like the Sabres under Ted Nolan, with the important difference that the former had Hasek in goal while the latter have Kovalchuk and Heatley (eventually) on attack. But the relentlessly aggressive style is similar, and even a little discomforting to watch as a Habs fan.

Audette found his place on that Buffalo team by being a crafty little pest around the opposing team's net. His obvious deficiencies were overcome by the strength of the team's personality. If Audette has any chance of making a comeback, it is probably with a team like the Thrashers, where he will be asked mainly to do what he did best, which is to hang around the crease and pick up the garbage.

I still find it hard to believe that Waddell would give anything off his roster for a guy who has passed through waivers 3 or 4 times since his injury, even with some of his salary being paid. For there to be a deal at all, there would have to be other players from the Habs involved.
i think it 's the second time only that he's waive .But Gainey have stated that is willing to pay a part of the salary , so, it's more plausible for him to be trade alone for nothing , or in a pack ,for someone .

Anyway , everybody here are really not convinced about this rumor.I reported it more as a big joke than a serious possibility...