View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 10:50 PM
FlyersFan61290

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Yeah realistically if he's going to crack an NHL lineup it's probably going to be in the bottom 6, not the top 6. Needs to learn to maximize his grinder abilities.
In general though a guy who scores 103 pts in the OHL isn't gonna be a 4th liner. 3rd liner yeah (bottom 6 still applies) do why would he playing on lower line in a lesser league? Nevertheless it's not just about working on his defense it's about working in all situations for the pro experience and playing big minutes. It's not like its going to hurt the teams playoffs hopes as they arent going anywhere so why not give one of the few guys on the roster with an NHL future the opportunities? It seems like other players with legit NHL hopes like Flanagan, Laughton and Alderson to some extent were just handed the more offensive roles while Cousins (who arguably has the best offensive upside) is playing with Mathers. I don't know, considering its all relative I just don't get it.

Last yr he played one game then was a healthy scratch the rest of the time. He was also a healthy scratch earlier before getting in on the 4th line with Mathers. I don't think Murray likes him very much

Btw, cousins picked up his first assist tonight in a 4-2 win over Albany

Last edited by FlyersFan61290: 04-21-2013 at 10:55 PM.