View Single Post
Old
04-21-2013, 10:57 PM
Bleedred
Buyout bone dust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Bleed you are one of like 3 people on here that really understands the position. People should listen to you about Marty.

This team doesn't need big personnel changes, it just needs a better attitude, and heavy tweaking. This was a decent team that underachieved heavily and did everything wrong. They zigged when they should of zagged, and not a thing went right on top of it. Special teams was a gigantic disaster this year, and Pete did a terrible job with the merry-go-round on D which did in fact cost us games, and Lou deserves blame for not being able to unload Tally or Volch when we really needed it.

It is bad that everyone did not realize how redundant our bottom D-men are and how some of them need to go.

Still though there is no reason for this to repeat next year. We have a very solid bottom 6, we have lots of talent in the top 6, and we are young and talented down the middle. We need another top 6 forward, particularly one that can play with Zajac and bump Clarkson into the bottom 6.

Tweak the forwards, and start the youth movement on D. With the draft now is the time to start trying to draft Elias' eventual replacement and start beefing up the forward corps in Albany. We are a bubble team right now, but we aren't far from being able to rise above that.
Thanks I appreciate that. Don't get me wrong I could without a doubt see Marty fizzling out in the last 3 games, and not playing too good. Just going off a cliff with the rest of the team because there isn't anything to play for. Kinda like how they played today pretty much. He likely will even finish the season with a below 900 save percentage, but I wouldn't look too much into it in regards to his career being done or how he plays next season.

I remember Marty being pretty good early in 10-11. He usually kept games close, and was not the reason we were losing at all. He then got injured and then he came back, and just let everything in and fell off the cliff with the rest of the team. Then remember he asked Terreri to tell Jacques to go with Moose cause he really had no confidence. I could see the same thing happening with him to end the season though obviously not as bad because there's only 3 games left, and Moose may even get a start too.

Plus this was a 48 game season, and he didn't even play as many games as he would have anyway so that save percentage number could have come up or down. All I know is in the close to 70 games before he got injured he was posting a 921 save percentage, and that lasted from last years all star break through the playoffs, and the first 13 games this year or whatever it was before he got injured. Also a 930+ even strength save percentage. Only Lundqvist, and Quick had a better run than that over those 70 games, and we saw Marty outplay Lundqvist last year in the ECF.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote