View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 12:21 AM
Tommy Hawk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Were not talking about the RFP Tommy, were talking about an earlier Report provided by Beacon upon Michael Reinsdorfs recommendation to Ed Beasley that they be retained to provide an Arena Assessment while Jerry Moyes still owned the club. The RFP on the surface looks perfectly kosher & is in fact well thought out & drafted. So far so good. However, in light of Beacons track record in California, Texas, Florida & elsewhere, and in consideration of what they produced for forty eight grand over 3 days 4 years ago, Im not comfortable with them, havent been for some time, and for the sake of complete & total transparency, that second guessing & suspicions dont rear their ugly heads it wouldve been far more prudent to have employed someone else to have crafted the RFP, and we dont know to what extent they'll be acting as Gatekeepers from that point & here on out. How much Glendale will be relying upon their advice & guidance....

I dont trust them. Bottom line.
I was not referring to the RFP quality other than they seem to have done a good job on that. Also, you are so completely wrong on the 3 or 4 day remark concerning the 50k contract it is laughable. Do you really think all those interviews and the writing of the document and anything else was done in 3 days? NOTHING like that gets done in only 3 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
How about Cleveland? Quicken Loans Arena. Has an NHL ring to it. Home of the Cavaliers & Lake Erie Monsters of the AHL who seem to be pushing 15,000+ in attendance on average. Might help rather than harm the Blue Jackets in having a natural nearby rival.... Portland Oregon if suddenly Bruce Allen's changed his tune.... Des Moines, Omaha, Tulsa, Milwaukee. Several spots with arenas'. According to Bettman "not a month goes bye I dont calls from an interested city or buyer" so really, who the heck knows? Could be so far off radar we havent got a clue.
You need to check your facts before posting. Lake Erie averaged 7,680 this year, 7,845 last year, 6,568 the year before, 6,484 in 09/10, 5,934 in 08-09, 5,974 in 07/08, and the last year they had the Cleveland Barons (05/06) they drew 3,548. Not exactly 15,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugu View Post
I don't like your question/conclusion.

We don't have to have yet other options. QC, to me, doesn't make sense due to the realignment (and I disagree with those who have disagreed with me about that point). I honestly thought QC was it until I saw the realignment plan-- as far as anything happening within the next 2 years.
Realignment can also be changed or not. Travel is more equitable now with everyone playing a home and home against each team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorthern knight View Post
No arena; and no, I don't expect 2 teams in ACC. Copps (Hamilton) is in Seattle's situation; needs a bunch of work.
When is the new Markham arena going to start/be completed?