View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 12:42 AM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
With Burke in the organization, I wouldn't be surprised if we were able to pull Bozak off of the FA market, provided he makes it there.
Although I'm not sure if Burke will still be with us come July 1, that's certainly a possibility, and one that I like. With Ribeiro, Weiss and Roy on the market, likely to be joined by Briere and possibly some others, and maybe even Elias if somehow he doesn't stay in NJ, he could slide under the radar, and he's a guy I like for the role. Can't see him being too expensive, good in the dot, and competent enough everywhere else. I could see Toronto letting him go due to Grabovski's bloated contract, along with The Dream needing a new deal.

On the trade market, Paul Stastny's a name to look out for. Colorado doesn't have cap issues yet, but they also shouldn't be competitive next year, and have much bigger fish to fry, likely meaning they won't be signing him after next year. It'd be tough to squeeze his cap hit in, but if we centered a deal around Stastny+ for Sbisa, possibly had them retain some cap(they certainly can afford to do it), and bring in Sbisa's replacement on the cheap(or just sign some cheaper 7th defenseman and pencil Lovejoy in), it's certainly doable.