Does Calgary need to make major changes this offseason
View Single Post
04-22-2013, 02:03 AM
Skates like a deer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Originally Posted by
To realistically be a Stanley Cup contender? A lot:
1. Top line center that can win faceoffs
2. Another top line winger
3. A top pairing defenseman. At worst a second pairing guy
4. A top line goalie if Ramo/Berra don't work out.
5. Depth forwards in case Reinhart/Aliu/Bouma, etc falter
6. Another top pairing defenseman if Brodie falters
Another way of looking at it is that if all of the stars align, and if all of the mentioned players in fact do work out, we need very little.
Adding pieces as a back-up plan strikes me as something we'd do if we were going to go all in on our current team. We're nowhere near that. And we're not going to get to that stage by making big changes this off-season. That's somewhere we can only get to through patience.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Anglesmith