View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 05:41 AM
Draft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Caron is not physical for his size, and hasn't even scored 15 goals in the AHL yet. He is not the type of NHL ready prospect you sacrifice picks for
He hasn't played more than 48 games in a season in the NHL/AHL, he has had some injury troubles. He doesn't go around punching guys or laying huge hits but, Caron definitely uses his size when he plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumway2 View Post
It's not too hard to figure out...

Between Plekanec and DD there's one too many, and I think we know who
Between Gionta and Gallagher there's one too many, and I think we know who
Between Boullion, Weber and Diaz there's two too many, and I think we know who

We need to replace those players with larger bodies. Is that possible in one offseason? Unlikely but we can start.
I think the only place Gionta would be traded is NJ and there's no one there that would fill his scoring ability, no prospects or roster players that they'd be willing to give up. Tallinder and Volchenkov might be okay but they don't even have the picks/prospects to supplement those trades.

DD honestly can't be that hard to trade. I really hope he is, even if it's for a prospect and picks.

Bouillon and Weber have 0 value to other teams so... let them walk? According to the big board, it may be possible to trade Diaz for Colborne.

It's hard to replace all of these player's offence. Big guys with offence cost a lot more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Bergevin would rather give up on a good season, allow out rivals to strengthen, and extend mediocre players than to trade a coveted 2nd round pick.

See how great our defense looks with those three 2nd round picks holding the fort while Emelin is injured? See them energizing our offense while our forwards are running out of steam?

Those seconds are valuable man!! Bergevin would rather give up a playoff run than trade them.
We might appreciate it if we get another Subban-like pick, who knows? We are rebuilding though, gotta keep the future in mind.

Last edited by Draft: 04-22-2013 at 05:47 AM.