View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 06:49 AM
Reesor01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
i'm sure halifax will get a warm welcome from the refs in RN.

looking at the bigger picture....i think halifax will have a tough time to win this series and the finals if they keep allowing 4 goals per game. Both Armada and BC have much better defensive teams and they can score equally as well as RN.

I'm thinking Girard in BC wont let Mac and Drouin get 4 points per game each night. And IMO, Armada have the best defense group in the Q.

No matter who you cheer for, both series are great hockey, the best players are lighting it up and the refs keep it interesting! What else can a hockey fan ask for
The Moose sucked defensively in the 1st period. But after that we clamped it down and the Huskies had 7 shots on goal in the final 40 minutes of regulation. Ice was definitely tilted down towards Belanger. It was encouraging to see us not get discouraged by one bad period and get back to playing the kind of hockey we know we can play. I'd be quite happy with Halifax allowing 4 goals/game if they keep scoring 5.

It can be a little bit of a shell shock to coast through the first 2 rounds and then have to play Rouyn Noranda. The Huskies have been fighting for every win, so in all likelyhood they were more prepared at the start of this series. But the Mooseheads showed signs that they have found their work boots, and if they clamp it down like they did in the last 40 minutes of last night's game, they'll be fine. Our offensive depth hasn't shown its stuff yet either.

Oh. and if the Quebec refereeing is tilted towards Rouyn Noranda, then no one can complain about anything can they? Halifax will just have to keep the puck and make the Huskies take penalties like they did yesterday.

Reesor01 is offline   Reply With Quote