View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 07:38 AM
Propane Nightmares
Prehistoric Banter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by howeaboutthat View Post
Interesting. Do you feel the same about the 1936 British ice hockey team? Yes many of them were born in the UK but (I believe) only two trained under the UK junior system, as was back then.

Most of you Brits who are taking the 'purist' line seem to also agree that funding is a major issue. Given that funding for UK sports is invariably linked to results and no amount of "snot fair, gonna scream and scream until I make myself sick" is likely to change this then how do you propose the vicious circle is broken.

When a team like Canada is not afraid to use dual-nationals then it is a little absurd when a hockey backwater nation thinks taking some sort of moral stand against the IIHF eligibility rules will ever produce consistent results. Unless of course y'all know of a forthcoming change to world rankings that award teams for being good eggs and not stooping to 'cheating'?
Yes.

A proper development system put in place will improve the position of the national team in the long term, things are run terribly as of now, funding is nice but it doesn't do much good when the people in charge haven't got a clue and don't seem to care.

Canada don't use dual nationals, they don't need to.

Propane Nightmares is online now   Reply With Quote