View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 07:44 AM
Mork

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Mork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesolid View Post
Come on Fugu. You really think a decision worth many HUNDREDS of millions of dollars over dozens of years like the relocation of the Coyotes will be decided by an arbitrary convention on realignment?

Seriously? I get that they are good reasons for having a team in Seattle, but the realignment isn't one. Québec can play in the West for a few years like Winnipeg until a new decision on realigment is made in two years.
Exactly what is the "arbitrary convention" that you have in mind? I'm not aware of any conventions on realignment.

I interpet realignment to have been a thoughtful decision-making process that would be completely surprising if it did not take an imminent move of the Coyotes to QC into account.

If such a move were at all likely, the NHL could have held off announcing realignment until franchise locations were settled.

I'm no more or less happy whatever happens to the Coyotes - Phoenix, Quebec, Seattle or Timbuktu are all fine with me. It's not like I'm rooting against QC.

The only way I could see QC in the cards is if the NHL has an understanding with Columbus that their move to the Eastern Conference is conditional upon the situation in QC. That could well be the case and outside our knowledge.

However, based on all we do know (which, frankly, is not really all that much) Phoenix to QC does not look at all likely; the complicated re-realignment scenarios are even less likely; and Detroit going back to the Western Conference is a non-starter.

Last edited by Mork: 04-22-2013 at 07:49 AM.