Old
04-22-2013, 08:55 AM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broilers View Post
I read article above

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...ional-players/

General statement is that we are one of the worst teams in NHL for a reason. Reason si that our players are not good enough. According to article following players are reason for that and IMO they should be moved.

Defencemen Ryan Whitney, Mark Fistric and Theo Peckham, wingers Mike Brown, Ryan Jones, Lennart Petrell, Ryan Smyth, Ben Eager and centres Eric Belanger and Jerred Smithson

All together 10 guys. Our minor league system cannot replace them. We will see Paajarvi and Hartikainen in NHL Teubert is not upgrade and it wise to keep Lander one more year in minors. Omark is playing well in Europe but he is probably primadoona type of locker room cancer.

Ii is a lot of work to do for McCleaner. I hope he can take care of the mosto of the business during the off season but I know that cleaning goes beoyon next season. There is not such a miracle maker who can clean this ****

One thing what we should consider is sending players out with picks and get back minor leaguers.
i don't always agree with staples, but he is pretty spot on in this article.... the 10 players he mentioned are clearly, by stat and by eye, the worst players on the team... the group of 8 are also the players that should be looked at for trades, as they are not terrible players and will some at least some trading value.... hemsky + our 1st rounder may land us a top-pairing defenceman for example