View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 10:04 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowzie View Post
I think each player is different and good communication from the coaches could make the road between AHL and NHL easier. A guy like Paajarvi is a perfect example who someone who used the AHL as a tool.

I hope the team isn't pencilling him in already. Go get a Streit and try to add another top 4 guy through trade and if Klefbom impresses in camp, then make a deal from a position of strength.
Ideally you hope you can make him see the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Biscuits View Post
I'm sure Paajarvi's dad watchs a lot of Swedish Elite League hockey I would take his word above most of our scouts, we are very guilty of rushing prospects as an organization. Paajarvi and Lander were both rushed into the NHL sooner than they should have been, they seem to be gaining traction despite that, but a better organized and longer term approach to developing them would have been nice to see.

I don't want to gift wrap Klefbom a spot, he should earn it and some AHL time isn't going to hurt him anyway. If he played the full year in the SEL and looked as dominant as the swedish posters made him sound then sure, but coming off an injury you don't want a rookie shaking off the rust playing NHL games. Let him play 20-30 games in the AHL if he looks ready than make the call.
I have no issue with him saying what he said. Nice to see someone from Sweden taking a more conservative route and not hyping the kid up further.