View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Pros and Cons

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikyerbouti View Post
Lowe said he had final approval.

But I agree that trades under Tamby seemed to be his own. Lowe, for all his faults, could work the phones and seemed to find deals.

Olczyk seems to have a pretty large role in contract negotiations (economics) and since he came on board it has been, for the most part, way better than it was under Lowe.

I think Lowe was surely scaled back in area's like working phones, and contract negotiations (both of which he took personally). But he is still in charge of the management group as he reports directly to the owner. Honestly, I think MacT's job will be to handle the press, be the face of management and work the phones ( similar to Tamby, )while Howson will oversee the day to day operations. It's entirely how a business would be built and they have been operating similar to this since Katz bought the team.

It's makes their titles accurate as well- Owner, President, Senior Vice, Manager, asst Manager
The thing that bothers me is several times Tamby has barked back with confidence and was dead wrong, which would represent organizational think. When the Oilers started last year hot and slumped, he was steadfast stating the hot start was a better representation of the line-up. He was dead wrong. He also chose to roll out the same fourth line thinking that coaching would improve them. Again, dead wrong.

If Lowe (Or Katz) was entirely disagreeable in those examples, Tamby would have been fired earlier for being incompetent. He was fired, imo, because the fans were gathering with pitchforks. Lowe had to at least agree with those total miscalculations and its a bit disturbing for the future.

my 2 cents
So MacT was demoted and Howson went from advisor/scouting to number 3 in charge?
Howson has the experience, and MacT was being primed for the GM role once he finished his classes. It is quite comical how MacT was in the role of SVP, and then gets the job they wanted him in.

Pros and Cons is offline   Reply With Quote