View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 10:35 AM
dasivon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
i don't always agree with staples, but he is pretty spot on in this article.... the 10 players he mentioned are clearly, by stat and by eye, the worst players on the team... the group of 8 are also the players that should be looked at for trades, as they are not terrible players and will some at least some trading value.... hemsky + our 1st rounder may land us a top-pairing defenceman for example
Out of curiosity though, how did/would Souray rank on this list (a player who is now a +/- leader in the league)?

Or other players, including Brodziak, Cogliano, etc?

At what point do you blame the system? Or is this stat objective enough that it could see past that? Our system has not fundamentally changed so did these players have a positive influence and we moved them anyways? What about the leadership core?

I am also not sure how a player like Smid could get a positive result in this, as his game is not to generate scoring, but to limit it.

Interesting list, and bottom line, I think it reinforces that the kids need to stay and virtually the rest need an overhaul.

Also, I think Horcoff needs to go, and his value relative to his stat shows that even more clearly. Staples seems to have him in the middle group, but his price tag is also the highest of the group, and therefore brings the lowest return on the ice.