View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 10:39 AM
yianik

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGreenGiant View Post
I agree with the 2 first points, but as for Bouillon, Diaz and Weber... Le Jeune Vebbaire needs to get rid of, which Bergevin is going to do. Bouillon and Diaz offer very different styles. Bouillon is grit, and although he has good puck moving skills to get out of the defensive zone, he ain't no offensive talent. Diaz is great in the offensive zone, a great passer and puck mover, although he gets overpowered often, I feel he has improved the defensive aspect of his game this year (from the little we have seen). I think a team can be successful with having Bouillon on 6th and Diaz on 4th, and I think Bergevin thinks that too. What's Diaz's contractual situation? being an older player, is he RFA or UFA? or does he still have a year to his deal?
He has a year after this one on his current contract and then is UFA. If he plays like he was pre-injury then he would get top 4 kind of money, say $4M or so on 4-5 years as a UFA. MB needs to make a call on him to either try signing him long term or else trade him because he will have value if he picks up where he left off.