View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 11:09 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 500
A Detroit loss in regulation tonight (home vs. Phoenix) clinches the Blues a playoff spot. That would make Detroit's max 54pts, 21ROW which the Blues already have and they hold the head to head tiebreaker over the Wings.

The reason it clinches is that Columbus (magic number = 1) and Dallas (magic number = 1) play each other on Thursday and they cannot both win.

On to the game. Elliott was obviously pulled as a message to the team. The team was horrible defensively. None of Elliott's goals were soft, for that you have to look at the absurd ECHL-caliber goal Allen let up. My god that was a pathetic goal.

Leopold needs to sit. The defenive situation next year should be straightforward. Leopold walks, Russell's the #6 and Cole's the #7. Leopold has sucked for a few games now. At first he was reliable and steady. Last night I was strongly reminded of what Buffalo fans tried to tell us.

Perron, holy **** bro, what the hell were you doing on that third goal.

Stewart, Berglund, McDonald ... the reason the Blues may not go anywhere in the playoffs is one of you guys is too old and the other two are players who lose money every single game. I am back in the 3s for Stewart, and I'm not sure I'd give Berglund a dollar more than 3M at this point.

This is a game that is either a problem because it snowballs for a few games or it reminds the team how they have to play and they come right back against the same squad tomorrow with a dominating performance. Either way ... thank god someone can now relieve my GDT burden. Those take a lot of work.

Blues had the edge in play as far as offensive pressure, but they made many more mistakes and deserved to lose.

With LA winning and holding a magic number of 3 to finish ahead of the Blues, there's almost no way LA falls out of the 4-5 pairing. Since Minnesota lost, the Blues' magic number to clinch at least a 6-seed is now 4. Basically the Blues are going to finish 5 or 6. Finish 5 and they open in LA, get the total failure amount of two home playoff dates, and we can start talking about the draft and our 49th overall pick in early May. Finish 6 and I like the Blues' chances over Vancouver. Obviously a quality, dangerous team but the Blues match up well against the Canucks.

So we have to root for the Sharks in their final three games, and not get too upset if the Blues drop another game or two.