View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 11:11 AM
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan

vCash: 500
Here's a text posted couple months ago where its stated the NHLPA could block the latest realignment project.

http://www.defendingbigd.com/dallas-...a-dallas-stars

Quoting the author, I agree not a league or asso official.

"The CBC's Elliotte Friedman notes that the NHLPA is working on a response and having to go through team representives nearly one or two at a time, with players from the East unhappy with the new playoff structuring. The NHL had stated it needed a response by last season for scheduling purposes and now it seems the NHLPA is dragging it's feet and slowing the process. Sort of like the lockout.

The reality is that the plan is certainly flawed. Uneven conferences, some odd hybrid of divisional playoffs and a wild card system and overall concern about the postseason structure notwithstanding -- the current realignment proposal appears to do nothing to address possible expansion in Quebec and elsewhere."

I agree the word is expansion but still, all of a sudden couple days later, Fehr accepts.

What happened? Bettman said Fehr "Trust me?"

Unless you believe every words coming out Bettman's mouth on any matter linked to the future of this franchise, the released realignement itself is meaningless in my opinion.

Last edited by QcBlizzard: 04-22-2013 at 11:19 AM.