View Single Post
04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Rolston is using Flynn and Porter as his d-zone start/harder competition guys right now. I think that would just highlight his lack of experience in that regard.

If we're picking possible linemates for him, Hecht and Gerbe certainly haven't shown the ability to generate much of anything that isn't mostly flukey or in Gerbe's non-Panther games, anything from 59' from the net. Foligno-Stafford seem like a pair who can -- hell Stafford at least gets shots from dangerous scoring areas even if he has had a terrible year in actually converting those chances.
I see your point, but the fact we are out of the playoffs, this is the time to get your kids some quality experience in areas they're weak in to understand what they did wrong to learn for next year. I think it would give Mikhail experience he needs to learn from.

I wouldn't mind if the kids made mistakes this year, because it gives them something to learn from and strive for. I'd rather see them make the mistakes this year and see them correct and implement them next year. These three games are enough where the coaches can just let them play hockey. Let them enjoy whats left and let them take risks. These kids will have to learn to play vs better competition at some point. We can't keep sheltering them. If they can't handle or don't strive to overcome their faults then they don't have a place on the team. We are in a position where we have a ton of inexperienced kids that are on the cusp of breaking through on the team give them the chance to show what they can do. Of course this is my opinion on the matter.

I agree with playing Grigorenko with Foligno and Stafford. I wanted to see this last time he played up here. But they were still with Ennis, I think, at that time in the middle of Ruff trying to get a spark out of them.

With Foligno's recent play at center I would think that maybe having Grigorenko on the wing, for now would be a good idea with a Grigorenko's ability to control the half wall in Quebec, and the ability for Foligno to get engaged in the play more, I think having Stafford there as another big body can get the line going. Stafford and Foligno, are probably the best talents Grigorenko would play with this season.