View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 11:28 AM
adam graves
Panther 20 yr sth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
I think both Dineen & DeBoer are going to be under the microscope next season.

I think DeBoer dodges a bullet for now, but if he starts off next season badly, I see the impatient Lamoriello giving him an early to mid season hook.

Dineen probably has the entire season, but if the level of disorganization we have seen on ice continues through next season, Tallon won't bring him back.

Neither man has really represented himself well this season, but under the trying circumstances they both get a well deserved temporary reprieve in this brutal, results-oriented business.
Cant argue with this assessment at all.

Overall this year PD had exponentially a much better roster with jersey then KD with panthers; any rational person would state same. However even when the HOF goalie returned, the ship couldn't be righted. What was glaring to me watching yesterdays game was PD blind loyalty to the vets continued, something that I loathed about him here. . Volch has been absolutely dreadful and yet he sticks with him over Fayne yesterday. Ended up biting him badly.

He will have a short leash next season and I don't think we will watch him fail for the 5th of 6 seasons as either he will succeed or be relieved after 10-20 games.

Next year will be a big year for KD as well as he should have his best roster and should bring the team into the playoffs for the 2nd of 3rd year. If he fails, I will be the lst to say his renewal has to be seriously scrutinized.