View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 11:50 AM
OiledUp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
Last resort eh? So why is it all of a sudden last resort now....at this point in time? After the guy looked like he was being bothered all year, only after we were almost 100% eliminated.

Last resort like last year for Hall, when by the grace of god we had a lock out or he was going to miss time when he were further out of the playoff race.

All bs. I'd like to know from the team and those excusing this idiotic move by the team and the medical staff if we are in win now mode or not? All you hear is that we are a young team, not ready to truly compete, only in year 3 of a 5 year rebuild.

The oilers should have talked to their med staff and said the following. What is the latest be can delay surgery for RNH and still have in 100% rehabbed and 100% ready for next year? And if the med staff said, March 1st is the latest you can go. Then he should have been shut down then.

This organization screws up just about everything they put their hands to.
You always try and avoid surgery if you can and it's always the patient who has the last call. It's not like surgery is a guaranteed success or the ultimate solution. There are risks involved.

As I wrote yesterday, around 10% ends up with a shoulder with less function(if it's the kind of injury and surgery I'm guessing it is) albeit the end result is way better for people under 30 and likely for a young athlete the odds are as good as they can be. But still there's a chance he might end up with a shoulder that's worse than before. For a kid starting out his pro career that's a scary scenario and ofcourse he's going to try and push it as far as possible.

OiledUp is offline   Reply With Quote