View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Tawnos
BoH Mod Only

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
My point is that Richards has sucked against teams like the Panthers, Devils, and Buffalo all season.

Now that hes playing well against them, the reason is because those teams stink.

Hes playing much better - I dont think theres any doubt to that. And thank goodness, because he needs to be if this team is to go anywhere.
This is a great point.

I don't think it's quality of opponent that has much to do with this. I look at the two assists he put up yesterday and saw things we haven't seen much of from him all year.

Guys who are good playmakers usually combine three components. Vision. Accurate pass placement. Appropriate pass velocity. The latter 2 components are both things we haven't see a ton of this year from Richards. He seemed to be either putting pucks in guys skates, flubbing passes or passing too hard so the puck went in front of his target. He displayed both positive attributes on the Pyatt and Callahan goals last night. This, to me, is a sign that his game is coming together a little bit. It would never matter who the opponent is, that's the kind of sign you need to look for.