View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
I got some renewed hope from a thread on the main board. Phoenix looking for a cheap, average backup guy they can make the next Bryzgalov/Smith in Tippets system.

Both Hiller and Frederik Andersens name's came up. Both received well. The fact that Anaheim people are okay with trading Hiller to make room for Andersen(The Fasth-contract could point in this direction) and Phoenix guys being okay with the idea of getting Frederik Andersen seems to suggest that a path to the NHL might not be as long as I personally had in mind.

The whole "don't trade within division"-thing might not be as big a factor with the bigger divisions next year. He's got the same size as Bryzgalov and Mike Smith. The system, the defense, the coaching. The thought of Frederik Andersen on Phoenix makes me drool... I guess Anaheim would do as well
Sounds pretty great. Hope Frederik Andersen get some luck. With either development he could end up as backup goalie the next season. Worst case scenario is that Anaheim keep their goalies. With Hiller and Fasth in NHL and with John Gibson probably in AHL next season it would be pretty hard for him in Anaheim.