View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 12:37 PM
dyzfunctioned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Why not Monahan? The guy is as big as Barkov and has no skating issues. He scores clutch goals and is supposedly great on the dot.
We have to consider the fact that we already have RNH on the club and need a C to compliment him..
MacKinnon is BPA but would be redundant
Drouin\Nichushkin are better players but not needed with our setup. (Wing)
Lindholm will be too much like Nuge. (sme size as Yakupov)

For Oilers ... Jones\Monahan\Barkov\Nurse should be the top 4 targets.
Zadorov\Lazar would be nice if we were picking 10-15 overall spots
In what way are they redundant? In the same way Malkin/Crosby are redundant? Or the same way Backstrom/Ribeiro are redundant? You get the point... Not really sure how having two talented centers is redundant, especially when all of the top C's this draft (MacKinnon, Monahan, Barkov, Lindholm) are all above average in the dot, in terms of physicality, and in terms of defensive play. If we took Monahan over Barkov or Lindholm I'd be extremely upset. The fact that a guy is a few inches taller than another is completely irrelevant to how effectively they play hockey.

I'd say Lindholm is more physical than Monahan and is just plain hard to get the puck off of. Size really doesn't matter - it's how the player uses their body and their particular skill set. We're not talking about midgets here - Lindholm is 6'0 and weighs more than Monahan. I'm not sure where this idea comes from that teams need size to win. Lindholm is a better player in every aspect, except height and maybe faceoff ability. Furthermore, the game he plays is nowhere near the same as the Nuge, unless you're talking about his on-ice vision and superb passing skills... which is something you should want in any top 6 center.

And if size is the most important thing, shouldn't your primary targets be Barkov and Nichuskin?

Last edited by dyzfunctioned: 04-22-2013 at 12:44 PM.