View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 12:51 PM
jadeddog

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
You are right s7ark I've seen the comment lots. But the comment originally applied to the Cdn hockey system but now I see this applied to all systems. Barkov I believe has been in the FEL since he was 16. In our system this wouldn't happen.

So the late birthday may apply to how our system is setup but it doesn't necessarily apply to others. So being a late birthday in say Norway may mean nothing. It definitely doesn't mean being younger than other draft eligibles means you have more potential.

Here is an article that discusses the late birthdays:
http://www.behindthenet.ca/blog/2008...nd-making.html
it doesn't take a great leap of logic to say that if there are 2 players performing exactly the same, the younger player is likely to be the better prospect... this is especially true for young men, who are often not finished growing, and this effect becomes greater the younger you go... for instance the average 16 year has a lot more growing left to do than the average 18 year old does

barkov being almost a full calendar year younger than monahan is a pretty big plus for barkov... i can't believe you're arguing otherwise