Thread: Brian Boyle
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callahan Auto View Post
I don't see a spot for him with Dorsett (hopefully) being ready to go for the playoffs. We kill penalties fine without Boyle and the only way I put Boyle in the lineup is to replace Powe, who I regard as an equal at this point. Boyle's defense is incredibly overrated and he offers no real value in the offensive zone. Maybe Dorsett can serve as a new version of Prust for Boyle to play with and that will give him a spark but I really won't miss him in the lineup at all. I have him behind 12 forwards in terms of importance (Nash, Stepan, Callahan, Zukes, Clowe, Richards, Hagelin, Brassard, Pyatt, Kreider, healthy Dorsett, Asham) and tied with Powe, Miller, Newbury in terms of last foward.
If those are the issues you have with Boyle, than Derek Dorsett is not the option you're looking for. Hes even worse than Boyle offensively, and not much of a defensive player either. Hes an energy guy.

If you want him on the 3rd line, its clearly just a case of not knowing what kind of player he is and just being happy hes not Boyle. The difficult truth is he is worse than Boyle offensively.

Last edited by Bleed Ranger Blue: 04-22-2013 at 02:30 PM.