View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 03:39 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Originally Posted by tv14 View Post
What top-4 dmen are available? We have surprisingly, a ton of trading chips (outside our young guns) that can be used to land one. I'm tired of people saying that we have to give up one of our top players to get one, and its evident that you can get solid (not star) players affordably and thats just what we should be looking at. Trades like Bouwmeester and Methot vouch for this. As much as I'm a fan of Hemsky (still my favourite player) I am finally realizing that he must be dealt for help on the backend, its a sad but cold hard reality. If I am MacT, here is my trade block for a solid (not all-star) top-4 dman (or two).

Hemsky
2013 1st
ANA 2013 2nd
EDM 2013 2nd
Hartikainen/Lander
one of Musil/Marinicin/Gernat (we have a ton of depth with defensive prospects and could afford to lose one)
Gagner/Paajarvi (limited availability)

You look at previous trades, especially ones that happen at the draft an that is ALOT of value there. Here are some of last years deals. Ribeiro for Eakin+2nd. Staal for Sutter+Dumoulin+1st. JVR for Schenn. Z Michalek for 2 prospects+3rd. Visnovksy for 2nd. Bobrovsky for 2nd+4th+4th. We easily have the pieces to make a splash or two, its just a question if MacT will get it done. My question, is what players (specifically dmen) could be available at this years draft?
I don't think you ever know what is truly available, but like you pointed out there are guys every year that are dealt that we are unaware of. Not all are options our the best, but there are options.