View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
It is obvious the Kroenke family believes in PL, and really I can't say I blame them too much in that. 2 cup rings speak loudly. As long as they trust PL to run the organization they will not get in the way of running things (the last thing you want is an owner that forces things down that the rest of the organization doesn't agree with). If they decide to fire PL, I'm sure they will bring in the best they can for the money they offer.

The Kroenke familly has done a pretty damn good job of building the Nuggets into a solid franchise. If they really want to, they can do the same for the Avalanche.
Here's the thing though--the Kroenkes have been active in directing the Nuggets without being meddlesome (i.e. Snider/Melnyk) so I don't see them doing anything like that with the Avs. The problem I have with their trust in Lacroix is that it's completely blind nowadays. I get it too--the guy has a sterling reputation in the hockey world despite the fact the franchise hasn't won a Cup in 12 years and counting--but I don't see how in hell they can continue with their policy of salutary neglect in light of the embarrassing situations the team has found themselves in this season. Between the O'Reilly situation, Sacco's clear incompetence, and Giguere's callout of the team, they're willfully ignoring things if they don't do anything about it.