View Single Post
04-22-2013, 03:53 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
I think one guy who might get ranked a few spots higher after the combine is D.Nurse.
The guy can boost into top 5 in rankings just by the way I expect him to impress at combine.

I havent seen Lindholm in action but if he can make our top 6 tougher, win majority of faceoffs and put up decent points then he is good enough a pick. I believe Monahan does all that. Barkov is better if he can stay healthy and improves foot speed.
monahan has been called "the most NHL ready player" in the draft, and "the most complete player" in the draft specifically because he can do a little of everything... he's the type of guy that is almost guaranteed to be at least a good 3rd line C, with the upside being a solid #2 C

monahan, barkov and jones will all likely play in the NHL next season, mostly because of their physical maturity... drouin and lindholm likely won't due to their size and locations, and nurse likely won't because he is a dman who wasn't drafted top-3 (they are pretty much the only D to play in the NHL the next season)... i'd be shocked if monahan or barkov weren't good enough to be our #4 C next year for example