View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 04:03 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to reidy
Total speculation here, but does anybody know why these two idiots drove to Watertown in the first place?

Only reason this piques my interest is because I was reading the Wikipedia page about the attempted bombing of Times Square in 2010 and noticed the following:

Quote:
On May 13, investigators searched several locations in the northeastern U.S. They detained three Pakistani men. Two, cousins who were living at a house in Watertown, Massachusetts, were Brookline, Massachusetts, gas station attendant Aftab Ali Khan (27 years old at the time, who was set to fly from the U.S. to Pakistan the day he was arrested, and whose visa had expired six months prior) and Boston-area cabdriver Pir Kahn (43 at the time). The two denied knowing Shahzad, but a search of their home found an envelope with Shahzad’s surname and phone number among Aftab Ali Khan's belongings. Shahzad's name and number were also found in a cell phone believed to belong to Aftab Ali Khan. The third man detained was Mohammad Shafiq Rahman, a 33-year-old computer programmer living in South Portland, Maine. He had known Shahzad in the past, lived in Connecticut a few years prior, and went to Maine in approximately 2008.[54][55][56][57] They were detained on immigration, not criminal, charges.[58] The FBI also conducted searches at a gas station in the nearby town of Brookline, in Camden and Cherry Hill, New Jersey, and in Centereach and Shirley, New York, on Long Island.[59][59][60] U.S. Attorney General Holder said there was evidence the men had provided money to Shahzad through an informal money transfer network (known as a hawala), but it was not yet clear if they were aware of the bombing plot.[61][62][63]
I'm sure it's a random coincidence, but still interesting to note.