Thread: Dave Bolland
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 05:35 PM
hockeydoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
there's a difference of about $2m and we also have two buyouts. it's definitely do-able.

if we got rid of bolland, montador, and olesz and acquired grabovski we'd have $9.75 m in cap space going into next season...and the cap is going to start rising again after next year.

The cap hit just under 8 million since only the contract amount over 900K counts against the cap. Olesz and Montador count 1.8 mil less against the cap while in another league if my understanding of the new CBA is correct. Olesz and Montador already cleared waivers.

Grabowski is too expensive for too many years at this point in my opinion. At this point, I think it's better to keep Bolland, see which center emerges from the pool (they have plenty of opportunities next year when Bolland is injured) and keep them around on a much cheaper contract. Besides, we don't know if Grabowski's health issues are going to have lingering effects. I think the window shut to get Grabowski and to move Bolland for good value. Chicago has a good roster and a solid system so I would rather see the money spent keeping it together.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote