here are the bright spots to this year
View Single Post
04-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Originally Posted by
Honestly had Eberle and RNH performed better offensively, we could've snuck into the playoffs this season.
- Trade for/draft a defensively responsible, faceoff capable, preferably big/physical second line center (Berglund etc, Barkov/Monahan could become this)
- Sign a big second line winger (Horton etc, Paajarvi may develop into this)
- Sign some bottom 6 role players with some offensive upside (Bickell, Torres etc, can't be too hard)
- Trade for a top pairing PMD (Yandle etc, we should include Gagner in a package for this once we have the second line center)
- Bring in someone to mentor guys like Schultz/Klefbom (Scuderi etc)
* DO NOT trade Hall, RNH, or Yakupov under any circumstance, don't trade Eberle unless we're including him in a deal for a stud like OEL/Pietrangelo.
* Get rid of the dead weight. Addition by subtraction is without a doubt the most important way to improve this team: Hemsky, Smyth, Belanger, Whitney, and Potter all must go. I wouldn't mind losing Petrell, Smithson, Jones, Fistric, N Schultz, and Horcoff (we can keep him as a role player if we have the cap space and use the compliance buyout next offseason) either.
Here is my Santa list;
1) Sign UFA David Clarkson
2) Trade Hemsky, Gagner, and prospect for RFA Chris Stewart
3) Use the two 2nd round picks or the 1st round to get a big Dman with no teeth and move down in the draft
4) Draft Bo Horvat
5) Keep Mike Browm, release Belanger, Smyth, and others
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by blupye