View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Bild are reporting that Mario Götze will move to Bayern at the end of the season for a transfer fee of 37 million Euro.

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/bo...1116.bild.html
I don't think I've ever been caught as off-guard by something like that in my life.

I still have a hard time sorting my thoughts. It's so weird. I mean, I know BILD has a strong batting average when they actually say something IS done, but I still have a hard time believing this. Then again, it obviously makes sense on some levels. Pep loves him, Götze is said to be a fan, Bayern's staff (led by Sammer) loved him for a while... Well, who in football does not, these days? And it would explain some of Klopp's remarks over the last months that media attributed to the Lewa rumors. Well, I'm still not sold. I did not see him leaving Dortmund this summer, as I always said. Hell, I would have considered 2014 a long shot. I always thought there was a good chance Bayern would be his next team, but had you told me yesterday about this happening this summer I would have called it a pipe dream.

It's so weird. If true (and it kind of looks very much that way), it's obviously a dream of a transfer. But at the same time, I feel for Dortmund and for the devastating timing of this news. I hope they can do what they have done so amazingly well over the last years and find world-class talent to come in and pick things up. Bayern's current state is all it takes to show how important it is to have that kind of competition around.

Well, the one thing I know we'll hear is this being the old classic Bayern weakening their opponents. And I think it actually was never further from the truth than here. Sure, he's (allegedly) coming from the biggest German rival. But he's one of the most sought after young players in world football, and German born. This transfer would clearly be 100% about getting Mario Götze onto your team, and getting Mario Götze off Dortmund wouldn't even be an aftersight.

But we'll see, I guess. I have a hard time processing this. And believing. Although I do want to - how could I not.