View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 06:34 PM
Habtchum*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian70 View Post
Not sure what you're implying with the first sentence but if you mean I wasn't born, you're wrong. In fact, I doubt you're older than me since it doesn't ring a bell for you. I can't name the players Bowman brought along in Philly (no doubt Lupien, Bouchard and Chartraw were there) but I remember some of the reports; Risebrough fighting Clarke, I think Schultz leaving the bench, referee calling the game with some time left on the clock. That game was later considered as the element that changed the Canadiens attitude towards intimidation.

The Robinson hit on Dornhoefer occurred a few dozens feet below where I was sitting so yes I do remember it. I also remember the celebration in game 4 in Philadelphia, Lambert's goal in OT in Boston, Beliveau's 500th goal against the North Stars (hat trick) and even the Canadiens surprised victory in game 7 in Chicago with Henri Richard as the hero in '71. Must I assume you weren't born or too young to remember any of this?

As for your Red Army comment, another bad example. While Montreal tied them in one of the best games ever played at the Forum, the Flyers beat the Red Army while Clarke, Kelly, Van Impe and co. were intimidating them. The Soviets even left the ice, threatening to end the game.

You're just not finding the right examples that would prove your point.
Bouchard won his fight against Schultz during the Playoffs in Philly and it was the end of the Broas Street Bullies domination.

Habtchum* is offline   Reply With Quote