View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Djp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygentleman View Post
To be clear, I don't think Pominville should be or is a third line winger, but hey, that's where Yeo has him. He's clearly better than that but if we aren't playing him on the top two lines, then that technically makes him our third line winger. Maybe I'm off, but generally you should not trade a quality goalie prospect, a quality center prospect, a 1st round pick, and a 2nd round pick to upgrade your third line. Yet that's what we've done.

Pominville is not a 3rd line player. He a 1st line player. He is a notch below a Kane or Ryan...but still a very good player who averages 25-30 g per year and around 70 points per season. He plays regularly on the PP and PK.

The historical trade value of a frontline player has been a 2 quality propsects + 1st. buffalo did not get any of your teams top 4 propects/U23 players.

It was likely Buffalo asked for Kuemper and settled for Hackett. It was likely a sticking point. To make up for that the teams flipped 2014 picks (MN 2nd for BUF 4th--about 50 spots). I am unsure of AHL/NHL waiver rules but there is talk Hacket would be out of options next season which is why He was pushed.

Minnesota traded from their Goalie depth. They had at least 3 quality young goalies in their system. It appears Hackett was 3rd rated on that list.

In offers for an experienced Dman, the teams likely were asking for Dumba in return. My bet that was what Calgary was asking for JBow.

At the time of the trade Minnesota appeared to be seed #3. Being that high they felt they could challange for the Cup and in worst case the pick would be in the mid 20s (not mid teens like it looks now).

Sure disaster scenario---Minnesota doesnt make the playoffs and then their pick wins the lottery. The likelihood of that is probably about about 1 in 1,000 of happening now.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote