View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 08:03 PM
Avs71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Yes Kings numbers are inflated but what you look at are the relative quality of competition a player faces compared to the other players on their team (what their role is), and how they perform in that role vs their opponents and in comparison to the others on their team. It is a reach to compare players in a vacuum between two teams because LA for example is a ridiculously good possession team but it was more just food for thought when comparing players who are expected to play similar roles.

Its far from a perfect science but these players and how they perform are part of why we're a 29th place team.

Its also not just about possession numbers (it would take too long to post a thorough analysis) but everything taken in context. You can find all these numbers on behindthenet and there is a lot of material out there explaining how to interpret them.
Would this not indicate that for someone like Duncan Keith, he is a barely passable 2nd pairing defenceman?

Faces the 89th toughest competition (.255 Rel QOC), has a -4.9 relative corsi, starts in the offensive zone 54.2 % of the time, and yet only finishes there 50.2%. And Seabrook is even worse.

I'm genuinely curious, I don't really understand the whole Corsi thing, so maybe I'm misunderstanding this, or comparing it in the wrong way.