View Single Post
Old
04-22-2013, 09:03 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
ehh, we still owe him $34.5m over the next 7 years. I think it might be easier to trade him after next season, since we'll only owe him $26.5m over the next 6 years, which is still a lot. He may be good for a team with an internal budget, but with his NMC our options are limited.

I can't see any team being interested in him, which is why he'll most likely get amnestied next summer instead
especially now with his crappy reputation in the locker room. play on the ice and a bad contract is one thing but if your an a hole on top of it. i was reading all the quotes from the coyotes players after he left and it sounds real familiar. its just one more reason stacked on to too many other reasons. i just think they'll try for next year because they did make a long term investment in the guy. but what we'll owe him is a teaspoon in the ocean. comcast spectator makes 4 billion a year in revenue. as long as they look at every option. next year can't be "we'll see what happens". we need to go in prepared to win the cup. He needs to prove to them that he's devoted and on board to win regardless of what might happen summer 2014.